Payment Processing with Automated Onboarding
Payment processing with automated onboarding is the fastest way to open a merchant account. Automated onboarding helps merchants expedite the application process. Oftentimes, merchant service providers have a lengthy onboarding process. It can entail collecting documents proving your identity, ownership, and company earnings.
Ready to accept payments anytime, anywhere?
With automated onboarding, a merchant uses online channels to apply for an account and get instantly approved. Underwriting happens in the background, and information enters through an interactive portal. This saves business owners time from the back-and-forth emails and phone calls. This can slow down the onboarding process.
What Is Automated Onboarding?
Automated onboarding in payment processing is an online application system for merchants. It speeds up the entire process of opening a new merchant account. For low risk vs high risk merchants, it’s a way to immediately have the ability on your website to accept credit card payments. Alternatively, for high risk merchants, there are often more regulations and stricter underwriting processes. This helps banks better understand your business type and open up a custom merchant account.
Benefits of Automated Onboarding for Merchant Accounts
There are a number of reasons that a quick onboarding process is beneficial for merchants and banks that open their accounts.
- Expand Your Credit Card Payments Options – With growing consumer demand for online forms of payment, credit card processing is a must-have for anyone selling goods through their e-commerce store. Automated onboarding helps you get a new e-commerce store running with one of the most essential tools – the ability to receive payments.
- Save Time on Merchant Applications – There are a number of top merchant providers, but not all of them can approve your merchant account instantly. Finding one with automatic onboarding is critical for an entrepreneur who wants to save time on the more technical parts of their business.
- Up Front Costs and Fees – One of the top benefits automated onboarding provides is that there are no negotiating fees. They make their rates and fees transparent, so you know exactly how much they charge per transaction.
- Populating Key Information may sound straightforward, but digital applications can analyze the information you provide and produce essential outputs. Namely, when you enter your type of business and complete all essential components, you receive an MCC code and a merchant ID number.
- MCC Codes are codes that correspond with your industry. Banking entities use them in various types of informational documents, from taxes to bank statements.
- A MID or Merchant ID Number is a number created for your specific business. It’s like a social security number for the company you use to identify it.
The Merchant Onboarding Process
The merchant onboarding process has multiple steps that business owners must take to obtain a payment processing solution. This process is different for every ISO or bank that provides merchant accounts.
- Find a merchant solutions provider that suits your business – First determine what type of payment solution you’ll be looking for. It may be for a retail business or an online store. Additionally, decide how you want to accept payments. For example, if you have a food truck company at multiple locations, you may want a mobile payment solution. On the other hand, you may have an established business selling machine parts to vendors. In that case, ACH payment processing may be the best solution.
- Fill out their merchant application – Once you find the best merchant account provider for your business, you’ll have to apply. The application is usually only a few clicks away on their website as a digital online form. Keep in mind, you have to enter sensitive information so use the login credentials you signed up with. With them you can fill out the application incrementally. Plus, it secures your data so only you have access.
- Submit application to underwriting – This step is often the most tedious part for merchants as it can take days or weeks for an application to be approved. The plus side is that payment processing with automated onboarding eliminates this step. Essentially, it uses an rapid assessment program that results in an instant approval.
- Approved merchant account – After you enter your information and either an underwriting team or automated onboarding program reviews it, you’ll be ready to accept payments.
Top Payment Gateways
Top Payment GatewaysMay 26, 2023 | Gateway, Payments If you’re running an online business, you know how important it is to have a reliable payment gateway. Your payment gateway is what allows you to accept payments from your customers. There are a lot of different payment gateways out there, so…
Mastering Sales During a Crisis
I have had a number of questions lately from salespeople lately. Some are concerned about the next 30 to 60 days and are looking for direction. Others are using the time to change how they sell. They have been selling face to face, asking for statements,
Finding a Payment Processor for Adult Merchants
All businesses are unique. Every restaurant, grocery store, book shop and retail boutique have their own way of running their business. They have their own image, unique inventory mix, proprietary process, brand, etc. That “thing” that makes them unique.
Modern RiskMay 24, 2023 | Payments, Risk For years, merchant acquirers have, out of both necessity and routine, utilized fairly streamlined categories and criteria when determining how to assess the risk a new merchant possesses. Whether credit, fraud, or reputational risk, the requirements primarily revolve around business type or MCC…
Square TerminalMay 22, 2023 | Payments A Square terminal provides a modern interface to process your payments. Square is one of the largest payment processors in the world. As a result, their terminal technology is fast and easy-to-use for merchants and customers alike. It’s likely you’ve used a Square terminal…
Compelling Evidence 3.0, Visa
Compelling Evidence 3.0, VisaMay 22, 2023 | Payments, Signature News Empowering Merchants to Combat Friendly Fraud For online merchants, the worst kind of fraud is the friendly kind. Malicious fraudsters utilizing scaled techniques are comparably easier to catch when you have a…
How To Accept Bitcoin As Payment
How To Accept Bitcoin As PaymentMay 22, 2023 | Payments To accept Bitcoin as payment on your website you’ll need to install a crypto payment gateway. A gateway exchanges the data between the customer’s account and yours. These integrations are found through payment processors that support cryptocurrency exchanges. If you…
Elon Musk’s Twitter Payment Platform
Elon Musk’s Twitter Payment PlatformMay 19, 2023 | Payments Elon Musk has recently made a splash in the payments industry with his new Twitter Payment Platform, which promises users a fast and secure way to transfer money. But is this platform a threat to other payment processors? In this article,…
Accept Crypto Payments On Shopify
Accept Crypto Payments On ShopifyMay 19, 2023 | Payments With a surge in Bitcoin popularity, many eCommerce stores want to accept crypto payments on Shopify. Customers seek new options and checkout, and among them is cryptocurrency. For online stores, this means adapting payment gateways that suit alternative forms of payment. …
How to Accept Crypto Payments
How to Accept Crypto PaymentsMay 17, 2023 | Payments If you want to learn how to accept crypto payments, follow these simple steps. Find a cryptocurrency integration that works with your website There are major solutions like Bitpay or Coinbase that work with major websites If you currently have a…